Murica Total War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Leaning Tower of Literature

Go down

The Leaning Tower of Literature Empty The Leaning Tower of Literature

Post by y2day Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

Don't know how many of you read but thought I would start up a thread where we can talk about books, and post what you are currently reading, or not reading. lol I go through phases where I always have a book, and other times I will go a few months without. But most of my life since I was 11 years old I have always had a novel in reach that I was picking through. I have been rather busy in real life but try to take a few minutes before bed, or at lunch, during my daughters softball practice, when my wife just "runs" in to the store for a few things that take her an hour to get, in the bathroom, sitting in the line at a fast food joint, or just about anywhere I can to read a page or two. I hate to sit and do nothing so I most always have a book in easy reach. Anyway I like novels. Fantasy Novels are my favorite. A hero, a villian, and a beautiful love interest are a must. I know I'm a geek. I also like action-adventure, suspense, and some biographies. Also history I can read..... Ok what am I reading now? I went through my two book shelves right before my daughters trip to DC but nothing jumped out at me that I haven't read 10 times already. (yes I re-read books all the time - Like Ender's Game (my favorite) I have read more times than I can remember. It was my first book I remember reading from cover to cover and I loved it) Back to the Washington DC trip. I was in the book store and looking through and Jim Butcher's Codex Alera series was all lined up and looking very interesting. A world setting the closely resembles the Roman Empire, with legions running around and everything... it also has elemental magic called "Furies". Wind, earth, fire, metal, water, and something else.... My mind went blank. There are 6 books in the series, I'm on number four already. I can't put it down. Laughing If anyone is looking for a good book, you should check it out. the first one is Furies of Calderon.

Post what you are ready if anything, and your favorite book of all time. Smile

Currently reading - Jim Butcher - Captain's Fury
Favorite book of all time - Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game
y2day
y2day

Back to top Go down

The Leaning Tower of Literature Empty Re: The Leaning Tower of Literature

Post by y2day Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:22 am

Finished the Alera Series by Jim Butcher. Six books. I'm sad its over. Great series.
y2day
y2day

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum